This agreement (the "Agreement") is entered into between Startup Seeds Ltd a UK based company whos address is 5 Clayton Court, Mold, Clwyd, United Kingdom, CH7 1TW ("Startup Seeds"), acting for and on behalf of itself and each of its Affiliates, and the user (the "User").
Startup Seeds and the User individually also the "Party", and collectively, the "Parties".
- Startup Seeds is a company specialized in the digital marketing and digital communications sector;
- Startup Seeds has developed a software called Publicate, which is an online email editor (the "Software");
- The User wishes to procure from Startup Seeds the Software, and Startup Seeds wishes to provide such Software to the User, each on the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement;
- By using the Software, the User agrees to comply with and be bound by this Agreement;
Now Therefore, The Parties Agree As Follows
1. Recital, exhibits and external links
The recitals, the exhibits and the external links to the Agreement constitute an integral and substantive part hereof.
When used in this Agreement, the following terms in capital letters shall have the meaning stated in this section.
Means any person, corporation, or other legal entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Startup Seeds. For this purpose, "control" shall mean (i) possession, direct or indirect, of the power to direct or cause direction of the management and policies of a party, whether through voting securities, by contract or other means; and/or (ii) ownership, directly or indirectly, of more than fifty percent (50%) of the outstanding equity or voting shares of a party.
Means these terms and conditions.
Means any software, hardware or other technology, device or means, including any virus, worm, malware or other malicious computer code, the purpose or effect of which is to (a) permit unauthorized access to, or to destroy, disrupt, disable, distort, or otherwise harm or impede in any manner any (i) computer, software, firmware, hardware, system or network or (ii) any application or function of any of the foregoing or the security, integrity, confidentiality or use of any data Processed thereby, or (b) prevent the User from accessing or using the Software as intended by this Agreement.
Means all current and future worldwide copyright, patents, utility models industrial designs, trademarks, domain names, database right and other intellectual property rights, whether or not capable of registration, whether or not registered, and applications of any of the foregoing and all intellectual property rights whether now known or created in the future.
An email testing feature included in the Software for the purpose of sending an email message to themselves or an email testing service to review the content or rendering of the message in different email programs.
Subject to and conditioned on User's compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Startup Seeds shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide to the User a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Software.
The User accepts that:
- Startup Seeds cannot and does not represent that the Software will work as the User desires, since the effectiveness of the Software depends, in large part, on the User;
- Startup Seeds shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Software, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, equipment needed for access or use, fees and charges for use.
3.3 Reservation of Rights
Nothing in this Agreement grants any right, title or interest in or to (including any license under) any Intellectual Property Rights in or relating to the Software, whether expressly, by implication, estoppel or otherwise. All right, title and interest in and to the Software are and will remain with Startup Seeds and its licensors.
4. Use Policy
The User shall not access or use the Software except as expressly permitted by this Agreement. Any use of the Software shall be deemed an acceptance by the User of this Agreement, and any subsequent amendments thereof. For purposes of clarity and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the User shall not, except as this Agreement expressly permits:
- Directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to access the source code of the Software, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of the Software or any software, documentation, or data related to the Software; modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Software; or copy, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Software; rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the Software to any person, including on or in connection with the use of Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes, software as a service, cloud or other technology or service; or otherwise for the benefit of a third party unless specifically authorized by Startup Seeds;
- Bypass or breach any security device or protection used by the Software;
- Remove or alter the Startup Seeds's trademarks, or any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software;
- Use the Software in connection with sending unsolicited email messages, also known as spamming or engaging in other unlawful activities such as phishing. Any attempt to use the Software for the purpose of sending solicited or unsolicited bulk or transactional email will result in immediate termination of this Agreement;
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing provision, use of the Send Test feature for sending bulk or transactional email is prohibited. The Send Test feature is intended strictly and only for the purpose of sending a test message. Test sending is limited in the number of messages that can be sent at the same time and within a period of time (such limits may change).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Distribute or disseminate any information or materials that are inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, unlawful or injurious,, or contain, transmit or activate any Harmful Code;
- Use the Software to upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright, trademark or privacy laws unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Software in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Input, upload, transmit or otherwise provide to or through the Software, any information or materials that are unlawful or injurious, or contain, transmit or activate any Harmful Code;
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of the Software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
5. Representations and Warranties
5.1 Warranties by the User
The User represents and warrants that:
- It has the full power to enter into and fully perform this Agreement.
- User's services, products, materials, contents of the messages, data, and information used by the User in connection with this Agreement and the Software will not operate in any manner that would violate any applicable law or regulation.
In the event of any breach, or reasonably anticipated breach, of any of User's warranties herein, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, Startup Seeds will have the right to immediately suspend the access and use of the Software, in Startup Seeds's sole discretion, if deemed reasonably necessary by Startup Seeds to prevent any harm to Startup Seeds or its business.
5.2 Warranties by Startup Seeds
Startup Seeds represents and warrants that:
- It is has the full power and authority to enter into and fully perform this Agreement.
- It owns or controls all right, title, and interest in and to all Intellectual Property rights therein, necessary to carry out its obligations hereunder and to grant and assign any rights and licenses granted to the User herein.
Except for the foregoing, the software is provided on an "As is" basis, and user's use of the software is at its own risk. Startup seeds does not make, and hereby disclaims, any and all other express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non infringement and title, and any warranties arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. Startup seeds does not warrant that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or completely secure. Without limiting the foregoing, startup seeds makes no warranty of any kind that the software, or any products or results of the use thereof, will meet user's or any other persona's requirements, achieve any intended result, be compatible or work with any software, system or other services except if and to the extent expressly set forth in the specifications, or be secure, accurate, complete, free of harmful code or error-free. All third-party materials are provided "As is" and any representation or warranty of or concerning any third party materials is strictly between user and the third-party owner or distributor of the third-party materials.
6. SLA & Support
6.1 Service Level
Startup Seeds will not provide any service level agreements.
Startup Seeds will not provide any support to User, but online manuals and other documentation will be available at https://publicate.it/gmail-addon-docs .
7. Ownership of the Software
All right, title and interest in and to the Software, including all Intellectual Property Rights therein, are and will remain with Startup Seeds or Startup Seeds licensor's, as applicable. The User has no right, license or authorization with respect to any of the Software except as expressly set forth in Section 3. All other rights in and to the Software are expressly reserved by Startup Seeds and its third-party licensors.
8. Consent to use User data.
8.1 Storing and diffusion
The User hereby accepts that Startup Seeds is authorized to process and store for statistical, legal and quality analysis all data deriving from User's use of the Software. The User authorizes Startup Seeds to use such data in order to contribute to the effective improvement of the Software functioning and the production of statistical information that may be published by Startup Seeds in aggregate form. Startup Seeds, as owner of these aggregated data, will assure the full anonymization of the analysed data to avoid any processing and diffusion or communication of personal data of the User.
8.2 Compliance with law
Startup Seeds reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Startup Seeds shall not (i) transfer or make available to third parties the contents of the messages and the addresses of the recipients of the messages sent by the User through the Software, whether in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently; (ii) use the same in any manner whatsoever except for statistical purposes and to improve the Software; (iii) keep a copy of the same, except the copy that is essential for the functioning of the Software and as permitted by applicable law. Upon the expiration of a twelve (12) month period from the date of mailing, Startup Seeds may, but will not be required to, permanently erase all the recipient addresses and content stored on behalf of the User.
The User recognizes that Startup Seeds is always innovating and finding ways to improve the Software with new features and services. Therefore, the User agrees that the Software may change from time to time and no warranty, representation or other commitment is given in relation to the continuity of any functionality of the Software.
10. Force Majeure
Startup Seeds may not be deemed in any way liable for the failure to perform this Agreement caused by factors falling outside its reasonable control (a "Force Majeure Event") including by way of example and without any limitation, acts of God, uprisings, acts of terrorism and war, strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances, riots, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, mudslides and landslides, fire, earthquake or explosion, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement, national or regional emergency, passage of law or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, or national or regional shortage of adequate power or telecommunications or transportation.
10. Force Majeure
11.1 Entire agreement
This Agreement, including the external links which constitute an integral part hereof, abrogates and supersedes all previous agreements, understandings and negotiations, whether written or oral, between the Parties concerning the subject matter of this Agreement.
No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
If one or more of the clauses of this Agreement is declared null and void or unenforceable by the competent court of law, the remaining clauses of this Agreement shall continue to be valid and effective between the Parties, unless such clause constituted a determinant reason for the conclusion of this Agreement.
The headings contained in this Agreement or in any exhibit or schedule hereto, or linked document, as applicable, are for reference purposes only and shall not affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
11.5 No relationship
The Parties to this Agreement are independent contractors. There is no relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise, or agency between the Parties. Neither Party shall have the power to bind the other or incur obligations on the other's behalf without the other's prior written consent.